View Single Post
Old 05-22-2016, 01:23 PM   #10 (permalink)
OptionZero
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 370Z Nismo 6MT
OptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond repute

One retailer told me these wheels are just now coming out in Japan and are 3-4 months away from US release.

If you want to be safe, wait for them to get out to folks and for photos to surface.

Cautionary tale: When the 20 inch version came out, a bunch of GTR folks ordered front 20x10 +30 or 35 (forget which), Face-2 and rear 20x12 +20. On smaller TE37 sizes, Face-2 has very concave spokes (for example 17x9.5 +12 and 18x10.5 +18). When the 20x10 actually hit the shores, people got their wheels and saw they were flat faced and complained. Apparently there weren't a ton of pix of each size and face. Retailers couldn't do anything about it because the wheels were ordered.

Later on Rays released more sizes, including 20x10 +25 (Face 3!) with a moderate amount on concave, and 20x11 in +30 (face 4, better clearance for GTR front). Early adopters got kinda screwed. Now, its not that big a deal because alot of these GTR owners are VERY conservative and refuse to deviate from factory suspension settings, so they just all run the exact same set up (20x10 +35 and 20x12 x20). Its just like how virtually every 370Z owner runs 19x9.5 +22 and 19x10.5 +12. Standard sizing is easy because the fitment is tried and true and people dont want to spend money on a bunch of suspension arms, fender work, and alignment.

For your specific question - i am pretty sure 19x10.5 +12 and 19x11 +15 will have virtually identical face design, but since its $$$ wait and make sure. I suspect it will be hard for any retailer to let you return a purchase you are unsatisfied with given the pricing on this.

Last edited by OptionZero; 07-22-2016 at 02:04 AM.
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote