View Single Post
Old 05-22-2016, 01:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
Niche79
Track Member

Drives: '09 SR Tour/Sprt/Nav
Niche79 has a reputation beyond reputeNiche79 has a reputation beyond reputeNiche79 has a reputation beyond reputeNiche79 has a reputation beyond reputeNiche79 has a reputation beyond reputeNiche79 has a reputation beyond reputeNiche79 has a reputation beyond reputeNiche79 has a reputation beyond reputeNiche79 has a reputation beyond reputeNiche79 has a reputation beyond reputeNiche79 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Niche79 Send a message via AIM to Niche79 Send a message via Yahoo to Niche79
Default Mulling selling the Z for a used GTR....thoughts?

So let me start off by saying I know this is going to open a can of worms just by suggesting this.....I am prepared

Backlog: I used to be pretty active in the Z community, always wanted one of these. Bought mine in January of '13 and quickly put the typical bolt on mods and such to it. Since then I have got into sport bikes and was riding that every single day to work that I could but on rainy days, in those days I took one of my Hondas. Then came the new baby, I have 3 cars so selling my Z was out of the question, no need. However, the wife tells me I can't take him in the 370z as it has no backseats. First off I said ok I'll go buy a 4 door luxury sedan which I was OK with. Then I sat back and said....wait just a minute, I could sell my Z, toss in some cash, and buy a used GTR!!! She was actually like uhh that's no family car. Then I said it's a HUGE car and has a backseat. After driving up to the Nissan dealer today, he let us actually put the baby seat in the back and let him sleep back there while we went over the car. My wife was impressed by the car overall with its room and the fact that SHE can drive it being an auto! (She doesn't know how to drive stick.)

So, my thoughts are now, sell the Z which collects more dust than mileage, part out my Fast intentions exhaust, test pipes, and wheels etc and toss in some cash and buy a used GTR, or buy a luxury 4 door cruiser and keep my Z? The wife could care less, just said it's your car, you decide. My wife has an SUV so before you say I need a family car...just know that she has an SUV already for trips, the Z is nothing more than a garage queen anymore.

Please, be respectful and let me know your thoughts, coming to fellow Z owners is a better sounding board than some random guys at work or what not.
Thank you!
2009 370z Solid Red Touring/Sport/Navigation/Illuminated sills/LED interior lights Red/LED plate lights White/ Evo R fog light in Red/Stillen G3 intakes/ Fast Intentions Exhaust with 18" Resonators/ Rays Gramlights 57fxx/ Swift Springs/ Fast Intentions Resonated Test Pipes. NST SUCKS DONT ORDER
Niche79 is offline   Reply With Quote