View Single Post
Old 05-21-2016, 05:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
squid267
Base Member

Drives: 12 Nismo 370Z PW M6
squid267 has a reputation beyond reputesquid267 has a reputation beyond reputesquid267 has a reputation beyond reputesquid267 has a reputation beyond reputesquid267 has a reputation beyond reputesquid267 has a reputation beyond reputesquid267 has a reputation beyond reputesquid267 has a reputation beyond reputesquid267 has a reputation beyond reputesquid267 has a reputation beyond reputesquid267 has a reputation beyond repute

Images

Just some pictures of my Z

8/11/16 "Prep Day"

Took off
  • Hood
  • Front Bumper

8/12/16 "Day One"

Me and buddy attacked
  • Headlights
  • Fenders
  • Sideskirts
  • Exhaust

We also started removing plugs, clips, and hoses in the engine bay.

I also picked up a Fly1 CF top Amuse wing in New Jersey. Took 5 hours down there with traffic and about 4 back.

8/13/16 "Day Two"

Got a lot done today. We removed the crash bar, driveshaft, steering rack, rotors, calipers, and got the suspension disconnected. We think everything has been disconnected from the engine. I'm intending to drop the subframe and engine on Tuesday. The lift table I ordered a week ago is still in transit.

Day Three and Four 8/13/16 & 8/14/16

Sort of a wash, we got to a point where we could start drop sub frame. My hydraulic lift table wasn't in yet so I had to hold off.

Mocked up the intercooler piping. Finally starting to make sense.

Tried working on this fuel pump switch. Not sure how the hell the filter will fit back in the canister. Going call CJ later and figure it out.

Day Five 8/15/16

Probably went to 4 or 5 automotive stores looking for VHT Red Wrinkle Paint, and various NPT fittings for my oil distribution block. Finally found both. Started sanding and priming the visible intake tubes (right by throttle body)

You need a lot of paint for this to wrinkle.

Day Six "The Drop" 8/16/16

What a shitshow. I got my hydraulic lift table. The bolts that attach the handle to the table sheared right off and it wouldn't pump up. Tried bleeding and adding my fluid as per manual. Still couldn't get it up. Decided to call Harbor Freight to see if they had any in stock. (I should have bought it locally in the first place) Got the 1000 lbs model, but no one around me readily has a truck, so I rented one from Home Depot. Got the table, brought it home, put it together, then returned the truck.

So we go to double check all engine block one more time, and we realize there a **** ton of plugs that needed to be disconnected from the main harness. I don't know how we missed that. We finally get through that I start dropping the subframe and noticed the some wiring off the front got caught. I think its TPS wire but not sure but luckily we caught it before it was strained too much.

We dropped the subframe! Unfortuantely the AC lines were still attached. We unbolted one earlier and rebolted it on for some reason. Can't remember. So those got pinched and kinked. But otherwise its out!

Day Seven 8/17/16

Start unbolting cats, heat shield and exhaust manifolds. I go to bolt passenger side exhaust manifold from GTM/Gamma and it doesn't have the correct hole drilled! I guess version one required to drill and tap engine block and manifold. I said screw that, emailed Amin at Gamma and ordered a new V3 passenger side manifold.

Last edited by squid267; 08-18-2016 at 07:51 AM.
squid267 is offline   Reply With Quote