Thread: G37 vs 370Z
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 06:14 AM   #6 (permalink)
sbkim
Base Member

Drives: RRSC
sbkim is on a distinguished road

Convert - welcome to the forum and I saw your post on the other page as well. I've asked similar questions here and there. At the end, after driving both cars, I've decided to go with the Z. Here are my brief thoughts in no particular order:

1. Z is just more exciting to look at vs G. Don't get me wrong, G is one fine looking vehicle. However, it still retains that coupe look similar to... Altima coupe and a few other cars out there. Sure, the new Z looks similar to the 350 but the new design really makes it stand out.

2. Interior and extra amenities (heated mirrors, more power seat adjustments, backup camera etc) are very nice features on the G that I wish I can have on the Z. Nonetheless, the new Z sports a very nice interior as well. Persimmons option on the Z did it for me.

3. Performance - this is what surprised me. I drove both 08 5AT and 09 7AT, including the x model for the G. I only drove 7AT for the Z. I cannot tell significant difference between the two. In fact, 08 5AT felt more responsive than the Z - may be the car was broken-in since it was a demo. I love how the G has the "DS" mode as an intermediary between full auto D and manual D. DS provides sporty feel without going full manual. Overall, I think performance is similar between the two cars if you choose auto. In fact, I think the G had a better exhaust note???!?!

4. Others - hopefully you will drive both cars but if there is one thing I didn't like about the Z is the blind spot. G has a great comfy ride - not soft but just ideal for daily driving. However, I just feel more excited about getting into Z. I think I would reconsider if this was going to be my only vehicle.
Good luck

Last edited by sbkim; 02-24-2009 at 06:17 AM.
sbkim is offline   Reply With Quote