View Single Post
Old 05-18-2016, 09:27 AM   #62 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBatt View Post
I measured about 16.5 inches of clearance. You could get maybe another inch or two by adding in a piece of wood to the rubber lift block but that is about it. When I installed my FI CBE I had plenty of room to work under the car. I think you could drop the tranny but it would be by brute arm strength as there would be no room for a tranny jack.

Later this year when I do the clutch upgrade I'm planning on having it done by a local shop. I'm getting to old to do that kind of lifting. Back when I was in the USAF, I took the tranny out of my 1969 Volvo 142S by parking the car with two wheels on the curb. Where there is a will, there is a way. Especially when you are dead broke.

The Quickjack is still a great tool to have in the shop. There are lots and lots of things that you can use if for but major work is not going to be easy.
The specs on their website say you can get up to 20" of lift with stacked blocks. It's more of a convenient alternative to floor jack and jack stands. It's definitely not a lift that will allow for major engine and transmission works as you mention.

The transmission jack I got from HF had no problems holding the trans under the car during a CSC replacement. Even at 16.5" it would have been a tight fit but probably still doable.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote