Thread: Kansas City
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2016, 10:46 AM   #3679 (permalink)
Ghostvette
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 Magma Red 6MT
Ghostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanRich View Post
Modified By KC just quoted me $265 with a 20% increase on labor if I bring my own parts. That costs more than the part!!

Thinking I may just save the dollars and go DIY. Any of you guys have any demon bolt experiences to sway me one way or the other?
From what I've read, some folks have problems, some don't. What I would do is soak the bolts with PB Blaster or Kroil for about an hour, then use an air impact to take off the nuts. If you have access to a lift, then using a torch is an option to heat the nut red hot, then let it cool. The third option is cutting tool and new nuts and bolts.

I think the HAZCC shop is Santa Fe in Independence. Don't quote me on that, I looked yesterday, and then promptly forgot. It might be worth the $35 to join, rather than pay the extra 20% for Modified by KC to install stuff. I know the shop that offers the HAZCC discount is good with us bringing our own parts.