View Single Post
Old 05-16-2016, 07:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
Wiggins3377
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th 370
Wiggins3377 has a reputation beyond reputeWiggins3377 has a reputation beyond reputeWiggins3377 has a reputation beyond reputeWiggins3377 has a reputation beyond reputeWiggins3377 has a reputation beyond reputeWiggins3377 has a reputation beyond reputeWiggins3377 has a reputation beyond reputeWiggins3377 has a reputation beyond reputeWiggins3377 has a reputation beyond reputeWiggins3377 has a reputation beyond reputeWiggins3377 has a reputation beyond repute

I would suggest contacting forum vendor Ravspec with any of your work wheel options.

That being said, based on my understanding (and I could be wrong) you kind of answered your own question. The different disk are made to fit over different sizes of calipers. Where as the "deep rim" (O) and "standard" (A) disk types will need spacers to clear a 370z's OEM Akebono brakes. That being said these same disk types will give you more lip when compared to the "Big Caliper" disk types (L and T).

Ultimately, in my opinion, its a big math game. You could go with a standard (A) disk type to get lets say 75mm of lip, but you'll may need to add 10-15mm of spacer to clear the brakes, so in order to fit the wheel inside the wheel wells you would really need to get a higher offset on the standard disk resulting in 10-15mm less of lip... its a bit confusing, but does that make sense? My suggestion would be to figure out what wheel width and offset you want to run... then calculate backwards based on the amount of spacer you may or may not need with each disk type (again you should contact Ravspec for help on this).

As an example I ordered a set of Meister M13P back in March. My wheel specs are:
19x10-7 (T Disk) and 19x13-25 (A Disk), and I will need 3mm of spacers both front and back to clear my aftermarket Brembo 6 piston/4 piston BBK. Im also doing a wide body build so my offsets are pretty aggressive.

Last edited by Wiggins3377; 05-16-2016 at 07:36 AM.
Wiggins3377 is offline   Reply With Quote