View Single Post
Old 05-14-2016, 10:49 AM   #32 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1adesofcha0s View Post
I think it's going to take a little longer than that based on what I've seen with used C7 prices the last few years. Completely base GS might hit $50k in 3 years at the very low end. If you want any other options though it's probably going to be more around $55-60k. As far as it being a GM product, this is not the same GM from years ago. They have made massive improvements in quality and you can really see the difference with the C7.

You could really make that same argument for any car though. It's always better financially to buy a 2-3 year old used car than it is to buy new, unless you really need the warranty and/or any free maintenance included.

There are many improvements from GM, but the same idiosyncrasies are still there. There's still some of that GM stigma in terms of dealing with recalls and uncooperative dealerships, fighting for warranty coverage and small quality control issues like you would find in Hyundai. Not taking away credit from GM, the likelihood of me buying a GM product is 10x higher than say 2 years ago. More likely to buy a GM car than another Nissan if I was buying out of the Z/GTR lineup. My eye is on the GS and the mid engines vette. But not without reservation in certain areas.