View Single Post
Old 05-13-2016, 09:10 AM   #31 (permalink)
b1adesofcha0s
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: HypeTrain Choo Choo!
b1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicerX View Post
I would never buy a Vette new. Ever.

You'll be able to snag one of these grand sport Vettes for $50k in 2-3 years. I guarantee it. That's also the depreciation threshold where it's an incredible sports car value and a great time to jump on one.

They're awesome sports cars, but they're still a GM product.
I think it's going to take a little longer than that based on what I've seen with used C7 prices the last few years. Completely base GS might hit $50k in 3 years at the very low end. If you want any other options though it's probably going to be more around $55-60k. As far as it being a GM product, this is not the same GM from years ago. They have made massive improvements in quality and you can really see the difference with the C7.

You could really make that same argument for any car though. It's always better financially to buy a 2-3 year old used car than it is to buy new, unless you really need the warranty and/or any free maintenance included.

Last edited by b1adesofcha0s; 05-13-2016 at 09:17 AM.
b1adesofcha0s is offline   Reply With Quote