View Single Post
Old 05-12-2016, 03:31 PM   #40 (permalink)
cv129
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nismo, 16 Nismo
cv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfkiddio View Post

I know JRZ's will last 4-5 years with no rebuilds needed,
I politely disagree here. I would refrain from making such general statement.

Amount of time is not the determining factor. The combination of type of usage and amount of miles determine needs for servicing/rebuilding. None of the high end stuff, if really being used, can retain its performance for that long without any servicing.

For the competitive guys, shock rebuilds are part of the game. Oil degrades, shims and seals weaken due to heat and usage, etc, no way around it. However, there have been cases where people don't even feel anything wrong when shock oil had turned into goo. Go figure (not implying sharif).