View Single Post
Old 05-12-2016, 01:46 PM   #11 (permalink)
Ghostvette
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 Magma Red 6MT
Ghostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrnAndy View Post
No. I was going at about 10mph in first gear accelerating, it happened, I let off the throttle completely and it continued to do this weird thing. Dry smooth roads, (note that I'm NOT mashing on the throttle, I wasn't spiritedly driving, just a very slow casual cruise, early morning)
This definitely was not a drivers mistake, or road conditions. The transmission DID act up but not sure why

Drove it for another day or so, but seems fine...
Noticed the clutch is a bit weird though...

The chattering of our twin plate actually chatters up the Rpms in first gear now, with clutch fully out.. Does not happen when warmed up or in other gears

I did notice though... When accelerating in first gear it's very jerky as I'm letting off the clutch and accelerating a bit now, feels like a jerky tug, like the clutch grabs and slips really quickly

Mashed the gas pedal in fourth low Rpms to see if it shoots up but no go, it seems to grab fine

My time for clutch, flywheel, csc and cmc. Given what is in this post, it appears you have a clutch that is on the edge of failing. Contact Ryan at RJM to get an upgraded CMC. GL.