Thread: re11's
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2016, 09:37 PM   #24 (permalink)
mishuko
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 Z
mishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwins Child View Post
Slightly OT here.

AFAICT, the RE-11 is not available in 275. Will 285 versus 275 be OK on the rear OEM wheels of a touring sport, without any modification of anthing?

How many kms do you expect to get out of your rear RE-11?

Thanks.
I'm running 265/35/19 front 285/35/19 rears.

I got about 16000 km out of my first set of rears fronts still have about 50/60% tread didn't measure.

I got a full new set. plan is next year to get new rears burn out fronts and swap to my old fronts.

mind you I am a bit spirited on launches and corners. you can even go as big as 305 in the rear...

last year I did 1/3 DD, 1/3 was weekend cruising and 1/3 road trip to cape Breton. it was well worth it imo. if you want to be a bit more budget pole s04's are a good alternative.

I can't say how good they are but all I can say is the re11's are fkin amazing and I hope they don't fully discontinue. they are a good set for track/weekend warrior (I don't track... yet)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMBmikeZ View Post
285's you'll be fine

mileage on a tire is all based on the operator........... myself I burn through tires like I burn through work socks, I am not normal though.......

2010 40th anniversary owned since new burned through 3 sets of bridgestones in 55XXX kms

so less then 20k cause my first set I babied..... been going through them quicker ever since first set and I have gotten more comfortable pushing it
bs you didn't baby anything! lol jk
mishuko is offline   Reply With Quote