View Single Post
Old 05-11-2016, 07:05 PM   #14 (permalink)
Tigger
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Awedeeeeee
Tigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukmastermind View Post
Tigger you make me so sad

P.S. it's the OEM's that are currently squealin

Lol. I re-read your initial post twice to make sure i knew what i was commenting on. FML. My bad.

Okay. So since I made you feel bad, let me put your mind at ease. I have a 2007 911 with OEM brakes (drilled rotors and semi-metallic pads). The brakes are less than a year old as I replaced everything except calipers last summer. They go through phases of squealing like hell. They started their **** again recently. A few random hard/fast stops over the course of a day of driving (total of maybe three or four) helped a bit. I recommend doing the same. I've got the killer low-speed squeal to a minimum but it will likely flare up in the next week.

My Porsche mechanic soaked the pads in some kind of fluid for a day before installing them. Supposed to help keep things quiet. But like I said before, wheel and tire cleaner will strip chemicals and what-not out of the pads. I'm sure this exacerbated the issue for me. I'll be getting replacement pads once a year if that's what I have to do to keep from going nuts.

So there ya go. You are one of many with a nice little sports car that thinks your **** shouldn't sound like ****.
Tigger is offline   Reply With Quote