View Single Post
Old 05-11-2016, 02:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
Jhill
Track Member

Drives: 2013 370z sport
Jhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond repute

My buddy has AST on his BMW m3 and they are very impressive. I am now considering some 4100series with the ddp option. First looked at KW v3 but the no spring change option and coming with progressive rates is a deal breaker for me. Then thought the BC dr series since they have swift options and are linear but their min drop of somewhere around 1-1.5 inch drop is too much for street use for me. The AST sound like everything in after. Adjustable, spring options, min drop of .5-.75. Talking with them they seem very knowledgable of the Nissan suspensions which is surprising since I've only known about them through the BMW crowd. Also something interesting is they run an 8k front with a 6k rear rate. So same as Oem front but they feel through their testing they actually get more mechanical grip through the softer 6k rear spring. With all the users on here running the softer stock rear sway kinda makes you wonder if they are on to something? Look up Chris Harris in the new Ferrari and how it softens the rear end to regain mechanical grip, of course that's a dynamic suspension so it can change on the fly.
Jhill is offline   Reply With Quote