View Single Post
Old 05-09-2016, 12:20 PM   #92 (permalink)
ZHighlander
Base Member

Drives: 16 Nismo Tech W M6
ZHighlander will become famous soon enough

It really depends on the picture, imo. The angle, the lighting, shadows, etc. Same can be said about most other cars too, and very often there's a lot of touch up, or it's not stock to really bring it out.

With stock, it's a bit harder to catch all the curves, which I think makes it look incredibly sexy. It also depends who's looking at it. Z enthusiasts will already have a bias, and know what to look for. Those who aren't familiar with a Z may not catch all those nice details in a basic photo, but usually appreciate it a lot more when seen in person.

I had a recent example. One of my friends who aren't really into cars, so therefore knows practically nothing about a Z, sees a basic photo of my 2016 370z and thinks it looks kinda like a "Fish" (cuz of the front "mouth"). I later traded that in for the 2016 Nismo (I regretted not getting the Nismo first, but pricey lesson learned). When he saw a pic of the Nismo he said it looks like an "Angrier Fish". Oookayyy.

But when he saw it in person, he was like, "Oh wow, looks much better in person".

Of course, I don't claim to be a photographer either, so this is based on a simple average Joe phone photo.
ZHighlander is offline   Reply With Quote