View Single Post
Old 05-06-2016, 09:19 AM   #60 (permalink)
qubickz
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370Z Roadster
qubickz is on a distinguished road

It really is depressing.. Nissan is trying to pull that same garbage on me, quoted me 11k to fix it.. The part that went bad is literally a plastic piece with a magnet and two wires... Everything else with the system is fine (hydraulics, wiring, etc)... But this one little piece ON the hydraulic is what is causing the problem.

I'm going to try and cut the wires, and splice into the passenger hydraulic in hopes that the voltage will be enough to bring the top back to normal. Seems pretty silly that the car thinks the top is open because of this sensor yet nissan doesn't think it's a good idea to sell these individual parts? I promise you it's no more than a $50 part.

They should be ashamed of themselves. The dealer even had the audacity to tell me that "our techs have families, they need to eat, of course the intense labor is going to run a lot" ....blah blah. You know what I said? It's pretty sad it took NISSAN (apparently) 26 hours to diag a NISSAN car.

Wish me luck in my adventure to try and fix this. I refuse to spend thousands on a car I have already spent thousands on... This is my THIRD Z roadster this has happened to.
qubickz is offline   Reply With Quote