View Single Post
Old 05-06-2016, 01:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
nis350
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
nis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond repute

likely problems with the clutch. Something caused it to slip and reengage which resulted in the sudden back and forth movement and fluctuation in the rpm..

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrnAndy View Post
So today getting onto a highway, steadily going up the revs in 1st gear (ramp had lights on) the car SUDDENLY did a HARD jerk in the transmission pulling me back, then jerks forward again, within a couple seconds within each other, it happened about 4 times. Felt as if the gear quickly popped out and in or something ( I wouldn't know what it feels like tbh, first manual, shifter stayed in first.) would anyone be able to help me? I don't have warranty as it's 80k miles and thought someone might have insight on what it could be.

Additional notes:
Revs jumped from 3k to 5k then back down (with a VERY aggressive jerk back and forth), it was NOT limp mode, as I've experienced limp mode before. (revs bouncing off)
nis350 is offline   Reply With Quote