View Single Post
Old 05-05-2016, 06:31 PM   #1743 (permalink)
cofo11
Base Member

Drives: 2015 Sport MB 6MT
cofo11 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordo! View Post
And that would be...?

A solid connection to the axle? Yes, the Z has full lockup after 2nd gear.

A Veloceter has a dual-clutch trans, and it is slow to change gears and performs poorly.

I guess I did need to revisit my "perceived manual-ness" point a bit after all...

Let's look at this another way: All "real" sports cars will soon be gone, except for older models.

So, either your view on this will change, you will stop buying new sports cars, because of their lack of purity, and/or you will eventually baffle and annoy your kids or grandkids about why their lame (but likely very fast and less polluting) cars sorely need an extra pedal to matter.

If Jeremy Clarkson, commentator, car aficionado, and all around nob could learn to stop complaining bout "flappy paddles", then anyone can...
The fact that you came so close to hitting the nail on the head despite your derision and changing from boutique cars to a mass produced econo box to attempt to justify your failed premise is comical.

The part that your Z does not have is a clutch. The part that the cars you listed do not have is a torque converter. Many, like myself, do not mind paddles when they are mated to a properly clutched transmission. A torque converter is not a clutch. That in itself makes it laughable when the "well the GTR has paddle shifters" argument is made. It shows ignorance as to what each car's transmission is comprised of.

I have no issue with ATs other than I dislike the feel and drawbacks of a torque converter. If that's what you want to drive then that's your perogative and that's great. Just quit making factually incorrect justifications as to why you do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk
cofo11 is offline   Reply With Quote