View Single Post
Old 05-03-2016, 01:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
GraphiteZ
Base Member

Drives: 05 Elise and 13 GTI
GraphiteZ has a reputation beyond reputeGraphiteZ has a reputation beyond reputeGraphiteZ has a reputation beyond reputeGraphiteZ has a reputation beyond reputeGraphiteZ has a reputation beyond reputeGraphiteZ has a reputation beyond reputeGraphiteZ has a reputation beyond reputeGraphiteZ has a reputation beyond reputeGraphiteZ has a reputation beyond reputeGraphiteZ has a reputation beyond reputeGraphiteZ has a reputation beyond repute

Only go with extended warranties backed by the manufacturer. I had Carchex and it was a bad decision. Here are the problems I had with them:

1) Unlike the sale department, the claim department doesn't pick up the phone very often and they only work 8 - 8 Monday through Friday. So, you will need to work like a middle man between Carchex and your shop. In contrast, if you have Nissan warranty and go to Nissan dealership for repair, you don't need to get involve.
2) There is a maximum amount of labor cost they pay per hour (like $60, if i remember correctly). If you go to a shop that charges more, you pay the difference.
3) They use "compatible" parts. If you want OEM, you pay the difference.
4) When you get so frustrated with them and want to cancel the contract, they charge $1xx of cancellation fee.

They money you spend on 2) and 3) can easily be more than the initial saving you get in a repair or two.

Good luck.

Last edited by GraphiteZ; 05-03-2016 at 01:13 PM.
GraphiteZ is offline   Reply With Quote