View Single Post
Old 05-02-2016, 10:01 PM   #11 (permalink)
ARrado15
Base Member

Drives: 370z M6
ARrado15 has a reputation beyond reputeARrado15 has a reputation beyond reputeARrado15 has a reputation beyond reputeARrado15 has a reputation beyond reputeARrado15 has a reputation beyond reputeARrado15 has a reputation beyond reputeARrado15 has a reputation beyond reputeARrado15 has a reputation beyond reputeARrado15 has a reputation beyond reputeARrado15 has a reputation beyond reputeARrado15 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanRich View Post
Did you swap it in yourself then? I looked at this kit as well. Hows the noise/drivablilty?

#1 reason I haven't picked Southbend is due to the price. A well-spec'd full kit for $1400?? No thanks. A JWT kit is $530, and even with all the fluids and HD CSC you'll still save a couple hundred with it (to spend on an RJM pedal)
Yea I did everything myself. Took one weekends worth as I needed to get a pneumatic impact wrench to take off the flywheel bolts. I ended up getting the flywheel, clutch, master cylinder, HD CSC, stainless steel clutch line, and all the fluids for like $1,300.

As for the noise its a little quieter than the 14lb but not too noisy overall. I couldn't tell you how much more noise it produces over stock as I haven't driven one stock. If it helps, I dealt with the 14lb flywheel for 6 months when I thought it was stock and honestly thought it was just how it was suppose to sound. Never really bothered me until I turned my A/C on at stoplights