View Single Post
Old 05-01-2016, 09:31 PM   #66 (permalink)
b1adesofcha0s
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: HypeTrain Choo Choo!
b1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishuko View Post
I guess I have a few questions... how long is the drive from your departure (let's say you guys leave at 6am) to Fontana? and uhh... what's the intersection? I need to see if there are any motels around for Saturday night.

and what time are you planning on leaving the following sunday?
Sorry, no Canadians allowed! Lol jk

Here is the address for where we are departing from along with a Google Maps link for the route we will be taking down to Fontana.

Starbucks, 12599 Fair Lakes Parkway, Fairfax, VA 22033

Route to Fontana

We leave from the Starbucks in Fairfax, VA at 6 AM and it takes us around 12-14 hrs to get down there. We do make frequent quick stops as breaks along with a longer break for lunch. If you were to do the drive with minimal breaks (only stopping for gas) it takes about 9-10 hrs.

We usually leave around 6-7 AM from Fontana the following Sunday. Last year I decided to go ahead of the caravan and just drive back on my own. Saved a couple hours that way since I took minimal breaks and had to go about an hour past Fairfax to get home. Took me about 10 hours.

Hope this helps!
b1adesofcha0s is offline   Reply With Quote