View Single Post
Old 04-30-2016, 11:18 PM   #376 (permalink)
TopgunZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 06 350Z , 09 370Z MT
TopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillenZ84 View Post
Update- So today we were still detecting knock. Seb sent me a tune with only 17 deg advanced WOT and it still knocked. He said that this pretty much confirmed that it was detecting false knock. He said there is absolutely no way it would be knocking on e85 and only 17 deg advanced. He plans on desensitizing my knock sensor and we will try again. Seb said this sometimes happens to supercharged Zs that he has tuned because the blower is attached to the engine and it detects its vibration. On a positive note, I did hit 11 psi today!

Strange. Ive had dozens of dyno tuning pulls and never picked up knock.

Is this all still on the same tank of gas? Id almost want to drain It and get some Ethanol at a different station.