View Single Post
Old 04-29-2016, 03:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Darwins Child
Base Member

Drives: '14 Z Tour+Sport 7AT
Darwins Child is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixin View Post
I do believe that may be some sort of aftermarket anti-rust coating/rust inhibitor, like the kind that the dealer sprays on your new vehicle in 5 minutes and charges you $599.99 for. I do not have any of it on my Canadian '16 Z.
Thanks for the info about your '16. This almost certainly means that the coating is not Nissan standard practice for Canadian Zs.

The interesting thing is that none of the cable-conduits that run over these areas appeared to have any coating on them when I started cleaning; which means to me that if anything was either deliberately sprayed on there, or accidentally got put on there for any other reason, it probably would have been done, or happened, before the cable conduit, strut or anything else close to the coated areas was installed.

In other words, if the stuff had been applied, or accidentally flown onto, those areas after complete assembly, those cable-conduits, etc. should/would also have been coated at the same time........ unless they were somehow, some way masked prior to application of the coating, which I suppose is possible. Maybe the tedious masking is the reason for the $599.99.
Darwins Child is offline   Reply With Quote