View Single Post
Old 04-29-2016, 12:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.alexander View Post
... Does everyone agree that given the extreme, and it is extreme vibration when braking at high-er speeds, that I should replace the stock rotors that have 115k miles on them? Or does anyone think that just having them resurfaced will suffice?
After 115k, I'd go ahead and replace them ... unless a qualified brake mechanic says resurfacing is feasible. I don't know of many mechanics in my area that I would trust to make that decision. Stock rotors aren't that expensive - even fancy slotted ones are cheaper than a wreck.

SouthArk's First Rule of Working on Cars: NEVER scrimp, cut corners, use a part that is the least bit questionable, &c on braking systems.