View Single Post
Old 04-28-2016, 10:08 PM   #1509 (permalink)
Eighties Meta
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370z 7AT no-sport
Eighties Meta is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmorr370 View Post
Went out today with the same result. Tried it in auto and it actually seemed to be .1-.2 seconds slower than when I shift in manual. I talked to a few people out there and it sounds like my biggest roadblock to hitting low 13s or a flat 13 is probably the heat and humidity down here. One guy told me that running in 50 degree weather and running in 80 degree weather with humidity tends to be about a .4-.5 difference for him in a N/A car. I'm also thoroughly convinced that the K&N Typhoon is robbing me of power on my launch vs. the OEM intake system, despite the several people who have told me it's better. I think there's just way too much heat under my hood after sitting around waiting to stage, then staging in this Florida heat.

The other problem I seem to have is that, even after pulling the brake lamp fuse (confirmed by testing my brake lights), I can't get my Z to do a standing burnout, and I can't get it to rev any higher than 1800 with the brakes applied. I understand that a standing burnout isn't really necessary on street tires, but I'm more concerned with the inability to launch any higher than 1800. I've looked all over these forums and everyone else seems to be able to do it just fine with the fused pulled so I'm stumped.

This was my best run for the night. Going to give her a rest for the summer, figure out the fuse issue, put the stock intakes back on and sell these K&N Typhoons that are drinking hot air while I stage, maybe slap a couple of bolt-ons on her, then see what I can do this fall when it cools off down here.

DA for your run was equivalent to 1527 elevation.

Corrected, not precise but 13.35 at 105.4 mph.

79 dgrees at 66%humidity

I looked it all up using dragtimes android app, you can use dragtimes.com as well.

Still, 13.3, nothing to be ashamed off, faster than alot of cars

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
2009 370z Touring 7AT/AAM 2.5 true dual exhaust/AAM DE test pipes/z1 vqde35 headers/AAM cold air intake (R-line)/Motordyne M370/Quaife LSD/z1 brake upgd pkg/Swift Spec-R springs/WhiteLine Front&Rear sway bars with endlinks
Eighties Meta is offline   Reply With Quote