View Single Post
Old 04-28-2016, 04:51 PM   #21 (permalink)
cv129
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nismo, 16 Nismo
cv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys, a very very very painful day for me.

The car got on the carrier the 5th day after FairladyZ40th tested it, then arrived in Dallas last Thursday (approx. a week travel time).

Car was as described....except....

3 penny to quarter size paint touchup that are bulged up right on the rear hatch, two of them were like a pimples that have been squeezed and the other one was like a big bubble...

Then, there's a big ding (paint missing) about a couple inches to the side of the rear Nissan emblem....

Long story short, CarMax did send the car out and got all taken care of. Even cleaned the door handle (it was dirty, this car has white interior). I went to look today, and it's fine. However, wife was really turned off by this whole thing plus it's just an indulgence to start with.

Exactly one week ago, we walked in to CarMax with a checkbook to take it home. One week later, wife got cold feet. $550 to ship to car, and someone in Dallas is gonna get this car on my dime.

This car would've been the perfect mate to the 09 Nismo....Nismo is bare bone, not even illuminated door sill. This touring is exact opposite. God damn it.....

Last edited by cv129; 04-28-2016 at 05:00 PM.
cv129 is offline   Reply With Quote