View Single Post
Old 04-28-2016, 01:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
k.alexander
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z PG M6
k.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Need advice on selecting rotors & pads, for DD.

First, I've spent half a day using the search box, but still have some questions.

SITUATION: 2009 Z Base (Non-sport), 115k miles. At 75k miles I replaced original stock pads (front and back) with OEM pads. The outside pads still had plenty of life but the inside were very much worn out. They checked the rotors and they did not appear warped. The rotors were not turned.

Now at 115k and really for a good 5k now, I have horrific shaking/pulsating when braking from 35/40mph and above. I mean REALLY BAD!

QUESTION 1: I am going to get new front pads. Should I replace the front rotors as well? Or should I try just resurfacing them?

QUESTION 2: I am probably right that the issue does not lie with the rear pads or rotors?

QUESTION 3: The car is a daily driver. I am sufficiently satisfied with the stock brakes performance and longevity, as I said, new I got 75k miles out of the pads.

A. Should I just buy stock rotors and stock pads? Or should I get the Z1 370Z (Non Sport) Performance Rotors? Or something else? Recoomendations? More concerned with longevity than looks.

B. Should I get stock pads or something different? Z1 guys are recommending 370Z (Non Sport) Centric Posi-Quiet Brake Pads? Are these any better, worse, same?

Thanks!
k.alexander is offline   Reply With Quote