View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 08:19 PM   #20 (permalink)
White 370Z
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z 7A
White 370Z is on a distinguished road

I was contemplating the same thing, in dash or on dash. I ended up getting a Sony NV-U94T Nav unit to put in the cubby. I stumbled upon the unit on Amazon. The thing fits so flush in the cubby you don't even have to mount it. You will have to drill a small hole for the charger though. I loved to looks and the functionality of the unit. But I also wanted a great hands free phone setup. With the unit in the cubby the phone quality is not good; the sound gets muffled because of the cubby, which is ok for the navi voice, but not ok for phone calls. Bottom line, if you are just looking for a slick looking Navi install check it out.
I decided I need more, so I stated looking into the in dash double din units. I really liked the Kenwood’s the best. However I could be wrong but, after my research in how the Kenwood, and Pioneer units mount, and after taking measurements in the store. I ended up ordering the Pioneer 700BT. The Kenwood uses a big ugly trim ring that will not work with the slight curve that is in the radio face plate of the base 370z. If you don't use the trim ring the radio will have big gaps around the factory faceplate. The Pioneer on the other hand looks like it's going to fit, without the use of a trim ring.
White 370Z is offline   Reply With Quote