View Single Post
Old 04-27-2016, 09:42 AM   #4838 (permalink)
Leingod
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: In Circles
Leingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostvette View Post
That 49 Chrysler popped a head gasket while I had it, that was an adventure. I had to go to the library to find a Motors manual that showed how to do it, paid .10 a copy to copy the pages I needed, then find a head gasket. I called several places and finally a place called Midnight Auto (a legit parts store) had one for $12. That damn flat head took both my sister and I to lift it out of the car and put it back without sliding it over the new gasket. Last I checked, the car was still running. My grandfather bought it from me for $300 when I went to boot camp, then his widow sold it to a banker just down the road for about $3000....
I need to find out where a headgasket in the engine is now. If i ever own a Subbie like Kernchan, I guess they break frequently.