View Single Post
Old 04-27-2016, 08:40 AM   #1499 (permalink)
SharpByCoop
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '08 G37S - Graphite
SharpByCoop is a glorious beacon of lightSharpByCoop is a glorious beacon of lightSharpByCoop is a glorious beacon of lightSharpByCoop is a glorious beacon of lightSharpByCoop is a glorious beacon of lightSharpByCoop is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up

I still subscribe to this thread to see how it's going. I like the energy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjo1078 View Post
Went to mason dixon dragway yesterday w some friends. Had a blast and didnt do so bad. Im running a fast intentions turbo kit w an ecutek tune on nt555rs 18x11 305/35/18.
These were my best runs. On lower boost settings i was averaging 12.1 with really bad 60ft times. With more practice and some better tires i think i can reach my goal of 10.999 lol
I was in the right lane on these runs.
NOW you're talking! That MPH will drop you into the tens, BUT you need to get serious. Bold on some drag radials, PLEASE. You can beat me, I know you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmorr370 View Post

1 - Does it actually help to hold the brakes to build up RPM for a launch, or does it just feel that way? If so, do any of you 7AT guys have any insight on what RPM to launch at?

2 - Is it best to let the 7AT shift on it's own, or is it possible to out-shift the computer by going into 'semi-auto' mode on the 1/4 mile strip?
Your OEM torque converter will limit howhigh your engine will rev. Did you pull a brake fuse to allow it to rev? If not you won't see the gain. I'd try to leave as hard as possible until you GET wheelspin.

Put it in drive and let the computer shift. You might be surprised. I gave up trying to out-think mine, and went quickest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denchan350gt View Post
Barely launch off idle like around 1200 works best for me in my 7AT G37.
Mods
Z1 Manifold
AAM intakes
70mm TBs
NST UD pulley set
Beluga Racing (eBay) test pipes and full exhaust
3.7FD
Specialty Z Etune ecutek
GREAT consistency. (6) runs within 35 mins, and that late at night?! You were doing laps. A rare privilege.

Keep it up!

Coop (Who is now going 10.1's on his 2012 Mustang GT with a Hellion TT setup. 9's pending.....)

Last edited by SharpByCoop; 04-27-2016 at 08:43 AM.
SharpByCoop is offline   Reply With Quote