View Single Post
Old 04-26-2016, 03:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
BobbyLight
Base Member

Drives: 09 370z BS 6MT
BobbyLight is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by scope22 View Post
Yea so i bought a 2010 with a nav system, but with after market kicker speakers and bose sub, if you want to replace sub also that could be done. its not a super difficult to do, what you need is a summing processor which takes signal from wires that run to bose amp in the back and gives you rca out puts which you can then run to after market amp and whatever speakers you want. if that is not clear enough let me know...i can take some pics of my truck set up. Also if you want to mess with frequencies you can add a sound processor between summing processor and amp
I think I follow you. Pics would definitely help. So in that case, I would need atleast a 5 channel right? for 2 door components, 2 tweeters, a a sub. So something like this:

Kicker Front Row ZXDSP1 (12ZXDSP1) Digital Signal Processor

and then an EQ between that and the amp?

since I want to run a separate amps for the components/tweeters, would it go something like this?

Headunit bose line > "?" channel LOC/summer >sub amp? > sub? AND >other amp > speakers?

How many channels would I need on the LOC/summer? So I am essentially not using any wire at all from the original headunit except the one line running to the LOC/summer? As you can tell I have never dealt with anything like this in the past, only wired up a 50 x 4 headunit to 4 coax speakers and ran a line to a sub. This is all so complicated! Thanks

Last edited by BobbyLight; 04-27-2016 at 11:10 AM.
BobbyLight is offline   Reply With Quote