View Single Post
Old 04-24-2016, 06:13 PM   #27 (permalink)
RumbleFish
Premium Member

Drives: '10-Sport-M6
RumbleFish has a reputation beyond reputeRumbleFish has a reputation beyond reputeRumbleFish has a reputation beyond reputeRumbleFish has a reputation beyond reputeRumbleFish has a reputation beyond reputeRumbleFish has a reputation beyond reputeRumbleFish has a reputation beyond reputeRumbleFish has a reputation beyond reputeRumbleFish has a reputation beyond reputeRumbleFish has a reputation beyond reputeRumbleFish has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPenvy View Post
I run 265/305

265 tires weigh the exact same as 245

the 305 tire is only 3lbs heavier than the 275. so you only gain 6lbs total at the rear axle.

reallllllllllllllly small gain to make you not want more grip.

I can make a chipotle stop and take a mean dump to lose a few lbs to counter the tire weight
Ok, maybe it's not the extra weight that's the issue, but certainly there's increased drag with the wider tires.

All I know is the car feels slower to me. Not massively but, noticeably...at least to me. Maybe my perception has to do with the fact that the Hancook V12's I was running (at oem size) were so bald that the new, fatter tires & new tread make me think it's slower