View Single Post
Old 04-24-2016, 02:53 PM   #20 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
Thanks guys, I went ahead and emailed NISAN USA about my situation. The head mechanic at the dealership I went to called me and said that the crush washer on the drain bolt broke and mightve been because the mechanic working on my car tighted it too much or so. They ran diagnostics test, gave me new oil filter, etc. I asked them to log it in the history of the car that this fuk up happened and that if there were any problems in the future related to this then it'd be on them. They agreed to it on paperwork and we both left. Car seems to drive fine for now.
dat sounds like bs to me. i want to see this torn up crush washer. some dealers kingkong tighten those plugs but ive never seen a washer get torn up to a point it broke and caused a leak unless the guy stripped the pan... and gave u a longer plug as a bandaid fix.

they giving u a new oil filter also sounds fishy... why would they give u a new filter for a plug problem? sounds like they didnt tighten the filter enough and sprung a leak, or the oil pan got stripped, or just forgot to torque the plug.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote