View Single Post
Old 04-23-2016, 10:00 PM   #36 (permalink)
Daniel123588
Base Member

Drives: 2012 370z sport
Daniel123588 is a name known to allDaniel123588 is a name known to allDaniel123588 is a name known to allDaniel123588 is a name known to allDaniel123588 is a name known to allDaniel123588 is a name known to all

Did some extra stuff today. So as many of you know, the oil change hole is very very tiny and needs to be enlarged. CoolToy sent me a pic which i should have cut BEFORE the bumper was on but i wanted to be sure as to where exactly to cut so had to do so today with the bumper on the car.
1. Heres the hole

2. Heres the hole enlarged using a dremel. TIP! For those that arent aware, there is a attachment that looks like a regular drill bit but its meant to cut sideways, a perfect tool for cutting something like this. Sorry no pic of the tool.

3. Sanded and cleaned up a bit.

4. MOck your cardboard template

5. So i also had the idea of a hinge to cover this (as cooltoy did as well) but man it was not worth the trouble and therefore i changed it up. Here is what it was:

6. It was way too difficult to make the metal sit nicely tucked inside so the wind doesnt catch it, i had to scrape that hinge idea, not worth it. Heres the piece of aluminum traced to size. Might be easier to use a thin metal that can cut with snips, i had to use a cutting disk.
Daniel123588 is offline   Reply With Quote