View Single Post
Old 04-19-2016, 07:44 AM   #232 (permalink)
TopgunZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 06 350Z , 09 370Z MT
TopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond repute

Superchargers are driven by belts so by going Air to Air would have zero effect on how fast the supercharger spins. The one and only thing that changes it is pulley ratio.

Yes, with just the 9psi pulley you do slightly overspin the blower. There are guys that have been doing this for years. There are mustangs overspinning by much more than this. The only one I have heard of letting go is Jwicks but he wasn't all that confident in his rebuild when he put the 928 upgraded impeller in.

Vortech puts a rating on there to cover their product. If they didn't guys would be spinning them at ridiculous speeds then asking for a free one when it breaks.

The way I look at it is that I have never seen a post like "I put the 9psi pulley on, now my supercharger is toast".. or something like that. If there were more instances then I would worry.

With just the 9psi pulley it overspins it by about 3K. Now if you were to overspin it by 10K+, then I would advise against it. Guys are overspinning the V2 units by 15K, but those are fed oil differently.