Thread: 370z DD?
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2016, 08:23 PM   #58 (permalink)
abmobil
Base Member

Drives: 13 Titan 95 Hardbody
abmobil is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvl View Post
That logic is a bit off IMHO: if its 'too much' to spend on a commuter you should be looking for....an appliance/commuter. You can get a killer deal on a used VW these days, say nice TDI. Seriously I would be in one myself had I not already gotten my commuter diesel a few years ago Sports package itself new wasn't a lot of $ so used the delta should also not be too much on the car.

I drive 100M round trip to my customers, so I commute in the Z (as well as other cars in the stable). The Sports package is still worth it for the things you can't just add to the car easily: SRM, larger brakes etc...

When I get cut off by an asshat, the brakes are nice to have. And when I duck off the highway and take a few back roads in the sports car...I'm reminded why its a sports car.

As much as I strongly recommend the sports package, if I was given the choice of a base Z vs a Honda accord to commute in...the base Z still would be a hoot.

- b

The Idea is to get something Sporty. I won't be drag racing the car so the LSD is not a must. I could buy a car much more expensive, but knowing how fast the miles will accumulate makes me not want to. Surely the base brakes are better than my current 95 Hardbody. I'm not big into mods so I won't be trying to make it something it's not.

I'm probably going to stick with new because I don't want to wrench on anything for a good while. Fluid changes are all I want to do. Initially the idea was to get a CPO G37 sedan, but for not much more $ I can get a new Z, and still have manual trans. I know there are some 6 speed G37 sedans out there, but I have yet to see one.
abmobil is offline   Reply With Quote