Thread: 2017 370z
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2016, 06:57 AM   #68 (permalink)
mishuko
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 Z
mishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwins Child View Post
My wife and I are on the verge of buying a 2014 7AT Sport Touring. In short, the thing looks and performs/handles like new with less than 10K kms. It has a clean CarProof with absolutely nothing suspicious. All fluids look good. Tires are all worn perfectly evenly.

I have just a few questions.

Is there anything in particular I should know about the 2014 model year, such as recalls, known mechanical or electronic issues, etc.?

As much as I think it unnecessary, I'm going to pay Nissan to do a pre-purchase inspection. (What I fear most all is that Nissan is going to scratch something as they drive it into or out of the bay, because I've had this happen before with our Outlander and the Lexus we sold three years ago.) Assuming that they don't damage the vehicle themselves, is Nissan going to discover whether or not the vehicle has ever been driven hard or, heaven forbid, run over a curb or something? If they connect their diagnostic software, can they tell the fastest the vehicle has ever been driven?

Thanks.
not to my knowledge you can tell fastest speeds ever driven. but why worry about that? the car is a sports car. in terms of wear and tear check how close the rears are to the wear bar. if it's 10k km it should still have a decent amount of rubber left on the rear. fronts should be significantly more (unless they tracked the car which would cause fronts to be worn down too). have them check the obd reader if it throws any codes out. check how much life is still left in the pads.

personally if you have a private shop I would get the inspection/second opinion from them over a dealership.
mishuko is offline   Reply With Quote