View Single Post
Old 04-18-2016, 06:56 AM   #741 (permalink)
njobe89
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 370z BS 6MT
njobe89 has a reputation beyond reputenjobe89 has a reputation beyond reputenjobe89 has a reputation beyond reputenjobe89 has a reputation beyond reputenjobe89 has a reputation beyond reputenjobe89 has a reputation beyond reputenjobe89 has a reputation beyond reputenjobe89 has a reputation beyond reputenjobe89 has a reputation beyond reputenjobe89 has a reputation beyond reputenjobe89 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPenvy View Post
well 49k for what you showed me is about what auction prices are or lower sooooo if that's what you want go get it.
within the next year or so
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrodz View Post
Lol, one the Fast Intentions TT Nismo's at 650whp went up against a c7 z06 in a half mile event and the vett lost even though it jumped the start. The Z's top speed was 162 and the vett was 158.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
damn, that's crazy haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZeda View Post
My point being is that the Z is much better looking than a Corvette and they are both sports cars. I use my Z as a DD street car which I have fun driving every second. I guess if I wanted to spend $100K on a car I would go for the Z06, but to me I am not sure if it would be that much more fun. Around here Corvettes are a dime-a-dozen, mostly driven by old dudes; Zs on the other hand are rare and beautiful!

If I ever decided to track a car, I can just boost the performance of the Z and have all sorts of fun then. The best part is I can spend all that dough on the performance mods instead of getting into a more expensive car. It's going to get trashed anyway.

What would your plans be for a Corvette?
mostly the vette would be a weekend car and i would get a beater for a dd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
I don't know how you can even consider a Z51 corvette knowing the Grand Sport is here? The normal vette is NOT good looking. Those subtle treatments on the GS/Z06 make 10 world's of difference in the looks department.

I think the Z has two things going for it. Hydraulic steering which provides loads of feedback that these newer cars don't have and... A smaller more tossable size.

Newer always seems so much better until...

Not saying corvette isn't amazing. But there are trade offs. The type of trade offs so.e may not be willing to sacrifice. You will definitely get a faster car with a vette.
Go with a GS and you get 1.2g of lat accel grip.

That said. The GS is on my test drive/buy list.
2017 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport Photos and Info – News – Car and Driver

it does look nice. i doubt that would be the price tag that they have listed in the article. i see it being way higher?

Stillen CBE, Stillen Gen 3, TP's, Uprev tuned - 324whp/264tq
njobe89 is offline   Reply With Quote