View Single Post
Old 04-17-2016, 07:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Agent K
Base Member

Drives: '13 370Z MBlue 6MT
Agent K is on a distinguished road
Default FI exhaust: sound change

My FI exhaust has become louder and more exotic sounding. "What changed?" you might ask.

Back story:

The Z is my weekend car so it's parked in front of the house. We recently had a lot of rain...I think on Thursday. So much rain that we had a flash flood in my neighborhood; something that usually don't happen around here. It happened so fast that I didn't have time to move it to higher ground.

I checked the Z out yesterday. The first thing I checked was the carpet. Whew, I didn't find any moisture on the floor pan, the carpet was dry. I started the Z up and the exhaust had a burble sound beyond what it usually sounds like on start up. I looked at the exhaust tips and you can tell water had gotten into them but other than that everything on the exhaust looked normal. So, I drove it a little during the weekend thinking whatever moisture was in the exhaust would dry up.

Anyway, the exhaust most definitely is a little louder and exotic sounding. The sound is right on the edge of when I had no resonators (headache-ville) but bearable and sweet sounding; it's turning more heads