View Single Post
Old 04-17-2016, 03:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
snowsurfdirtx
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Too Fast
snowsurfdirtx is on a distinguished road
Default S14 240sx build time, yay

Well, the Z now has 24k miles and 12k miles since boost. While I love the Z, I decided to buy another 240sx. Which was my first car ever in highschool, til I totaled it. So I found one almost exactly the same and though I'm deployed I've started buying a few things.

So who has an S chassis?

Goals: high 400 whp LS3, cage, fuel cell, the works. Little road race and airstrip attack. I can put guilt free miles on it and not care. The Z I kinda like to baby. It's hard to do a 4k mile road trip when she's got such low miles and is so clean.

Parts planned, some bought:
Ls3 full bolt ons, head work and big cam
T56 magnum
Full nasa or scca etc spec cage
Sparco pro 2000 seats
15g fuel cell
Mca Red or X coilovers (side note, I'd love to do testing on a 370z setup for them, they are a legit aussie coilover company)
Oz racing challenge hlt wheels
370z akebonos with z1 two piece rotors
S15 LSD
All SPL arms and stuff
Whiteline sways
A few others.

I thought of doing a vette or older porsche (rwb style) or a nsx or supra but I loved my 240. I think a tastefully done 240 is rare nowadays and there needs to be more well done, classy builds instead of drift missile hacked up builds. Plus, 30k total build will stomp a lot of stuff. I can't even get a c6 z06 for that. Or a ctsv, or most stuff.

So thoughts welcome, and lemme see your builds.

Pics won't go through. Either cause deployed life or the sites jacked lol