Thread: 370z DD?
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2016, 06:13 AM   #56 (permalink)
bvl
Enthusiast Member

Drives: MB Roadster (sold)
bvl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by abmobil View Post
HAHA! If I can get one with the Sport Package for less than 30k OTD, I might go for it. I'm already spending too much for a car that will get 90 miles a day. I won't be tracking the car so I think I'm ok without the Bigger brakes, and I've gotten by for years with several manuals without SRM.

I prefer the Base model 18 inch wheels, but I would really like them with the Alloy Finish. It looks like all the 16 models have a Black finish.
That logic is a bit off IMHO: if its 'too much' to spend on a commuter you should be looking for....an appliance/commuter. You can get a killer deal on a used VW these days, say nice TDI. Seriously I would be in one myself had I not already gotten my commuter diesel a few years ago Sports package itself new wasn't a lot of $ so used the delta should also not be too much on the car.

I drive 100M round trip to my customers, so I commute in the Z (as well as other cars in the stable). The Sports package is still worth it for the things you can't just add to the car easily: SRM, larger brakes etc...

When I get cut off by an asshat, the brakes are nice to have. And when I duck off the highway and take a few back roads in the sports car...I'm reminded why its a sports car.

As much as I strongly recommend the sports package, if I was given the choice of a base Z vs a Honda accord to commute in...the base Z still would be a hoot.

- b
bvl is offline   Reply With Quote