View Single Post
Old 04-16-2016, 07:04 AM   #7 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw557 View Post
I am seriously thinking about soon looking for a 370z. I currently have a TTRS but with kids in college soon and other expenses, I'm looking for a long term (8 years) reliable car. I'm afraid the TT would have the possibility of some costly repairs if I were to plan to take it to 180000 miles. I had a 03 G35 before and treated me very good with 150000 miles on it. I just can't like the new G37 style. So as I look for a 370z with a budget of around 22000 I am wondering what are the major differences over the years. What are the reliability concerns. And also part compatibility such as what years can auto transmissions and engines interchange if over the years either has a failure and I need to source parts. Any advice is welcome. Thanks in advance,
i still have my 12yr old G35C.. original owner.

As for 370Z's considering the steering lock and csc issues, if u dont mind driving AT, i'd get a 2012+ AT one. just make sure when u start and shut off the car during ur test drive, u dont hear a wind up noise (steering lock).

even if u do find a 09-11 with steering lock, u can disable it very easily.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote