View Single Post
Old 04-15-2016, 07:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Brendan
Track Member

Drives: Poor man's Porsche
Brendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond repute

Take your car to a good shop. Most dealers are prepared to sell you a car and do mechanical service but do not have a licensed collision repair shop. You can ask them for a recommendation on who they use. That will save you from 90% of the headaches of vehicle repair.

The more you nag the shop the more they will dislike you and feel rushed. Invoices will be available at the end of the repair but asking them for receipts every time they purchase a part makes you seem like a neurotic, entitled child. I'm sure plenty of people will talk tough and tell you otherwise, but shops are more likely to go above and beyond for a person that they see as a friend, rather than the impatient prick who will probably blast their yelp page the minute they find a pinhole in the paint.

Once you get the car back test drive it, and if you want to be really anal, you can compare it to another z. If you find a difference, document it with photos and bring it to the shops attention. The insurance company owes you to get your car back to pre-loss condition. Be persistent, be specific, but be nice, and the experience won't be half bad.

Sorry if this came off as harsh. I understand that you may not be very well versed in insurance/collision repair but it is an industry that I have a vast amount of professional experience in. Feel free to pm me with general questions.

Good luck.
Brendan is offline   Reply With Quote