View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 06:05 PM   #12 (permalink)
2fast4thelaw
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370Z Sport/MT6
2fast4thelaw will become famous soon enough

To be honest I couldn't stand the road noise from the Z until I deadened it. The roads in Colorado are very noisy so I dealt with a constant roar. I did it primarily for driving comfort than audio performance. I have a performance exhaust system and it droned really bad with the windows up. Afterwards, the exhaust drone was gone and it is quieter than the stock exhaust now inside the car. It really gave the car much more refined driving experience by vastly reducing the road and exhaust noise to a very tolerable level. I do notice much tighter and more controlled bass than before. I also dont need to turn it up when I hit the hiway.

You can use smaller amounts of Dynamatt and applying it stratigicaly. Most people including myself use more than necessary. I used large sheets of it on the doors to both seal and deaden the door. I put in about 120 sq ft of it and about the same amount of ensolite.

I highly recommend using ensolite (1/8" dense closed cell foam) to apply all over to further aid in noise suppression. Its relativly inexpensive and its easy to apply. You just need scissors and a few cans off good spray adheisive.