View Single Post
Old 04-14-2016, 10:10 PM   #39 (permalink)
b15
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 4drz
b15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow I don't know how I missed this until now but thanks for the input Ricer. I looked at the IS, but the it's just too small. Throw an infant seat in the back and the front seat is useless. The Q has a roomier back seat and is more similar in size to my current TL which I find to be adequate. Instead I've been looking at the GS350 F sport. It's pricier but prefer it's styling and the larger wheelbase over the IS. This won't be the dedicated family car anyhow but it still needs to be roomy enough to accommodate three comfortably with the car seat.

The majority of these cars in the Chicago area are AWD so I don't think I can get the Rays. But I like the sport wheels and they are equipped with the same akebonos as the Z. I've also read that the 2014 had many issue with the infotainment system which was drastically improved in 2015 with revised hardware and software. I'm wondering if the 2016 will be even better. The dynamic suspension and DAS tweaks seem nice as well.

At this point I think I'm just going to wait and see the 2016. I don't want buyers remorse and am not in a rush to consolidate cars either. If it's quirky I may just wait it out or snatch up a pre-owned 2015 or GS350 instead. I change my mind on this topic about twice a day

Last edited by b15; 04-14-2016 at 10:13 PM.
b15 is offline   Reply With Quote