Thread: 370z DD?
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2016, 09:53 PM   #48 (permalink)
Magic Bus
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 17 6MT M2
Magic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abmobil View Post
Thanks for all the info everyone!

Let me ask y'all this. I had a 2012 Frontier 6 speed, Completely different vehicle I know, but it was powered by a VQ with supposedly the same 6 speed as the 370.

I loved the truck, and it was quick for what it was, but I was not a fan of how the clutch acted. It took me something like 8,000 miles to learn how to drive it smoothly. I Had 4 Nissan trucks with manuals prior to it that I was able to shift smoothly with no effort at all.

Basically when driving I had to wait a second for the revs to drop between shifts before letting he clutch out. Anytime I wanted to drive spirited it felt like the clutch had some slip to it if I shifted very quickly.

How does the 370 act in normal cruise conditions between shifts? Some were saying the Dual Mass Flywheel is why the Frontiers act the way they do.
Never drove a Frontier so can't comment on that clutch, but had stock 370Z clutch pedal then went to RJM pedal. The stock one never bothered me too much but CSC worried me and Ryan at RJM claims that the pedal can eliminate this issue.

In nearly 4 years on this forum, never saw anyone claim a failed CSC with the RJM pedal and mine has performed well for 3 1/2 years (knock on wood). Oh yeah, while the stock pedal never bothered me too much, I definitely prefer the RJM one. It will be easier to shift smoother between the gears, especially 1 & 2.

Review: RJM AFP Clutch Pedal System
Magic Bus is offline   Reply With Quote