View Single Post
Old 04-14-2016, 12:19 PM   #20 (permalink)
RobV
Base Member

Drives: 2014 370z TS Nav/M6
RobV is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidZ370 View Post
Did you not see the part where I said STI.... Also i was talking about resale value of any general vehicle not the Z, what is a sports car ?? The STI is a 4dr sedan yet it out handles the z and is faster from the dig, stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I also forgot that I lumped the STI in with the WRX in the quick search and there are plenty of nice STI's that sold in the range I spoke of. Again as stated by the book value his car is at $20k & is pushing 7 years old. What makes you believe if his car is worth that now & mine being the fully equipped model wouldn't be worth the same over the same period of time? But back to my point. You are trying to use 2 cars that are in fact 4dr/4seat/AWD cars against a 2dr/2 seat/RWD car. Not the same at all. Your cars can be purchased by families and winter snow drivers. I don't consider a Z to be a good winter snow car at all. Then take away 2 doors & 2 seats and the buyer pool shrinks even more. Unless you magically took 2 seats & 2 doors and AWD away from the STI/EVO then we could talk the same type of car(BRZ). Then you would be crying about the motor being under powered for a 2dr/2 seat sports car costing $30+K. The comparison you should be looking at is a Juke Turbo AWD or Maxima or a G series for that matter.......sticker on the STI with Leather is $41k ($42k on my Z) not sure bargaining price on Subaru's.

Last edited by RobV; 04-14-2016 at 12:37 PM.
RobV is offline   Reply With Quote