Thread: 370z DD?
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2016, 08:51 PM   #38 (permalink)
justsomeguy
Base Member

Drives: 2014 370z 6MT
justsomeguy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by abmobil View Post
Hello everyone.
I don't have a 370 yet, but I'm strongly considering one for my next DD.
Current DD is a 95 Nissan Hardbody V6 5mt. Running strong with 214k.
Other ride is a 13 Titan Crew Cab.

The Titan will remain my wknd ride, but I've decided I need something sporty to help me enjoy my 90 mile round trip daily commute a little more. I know the 370 is not the most practical choice for that.

I feel the bang for the buck for a new base model is really good, and I can keep the manual trans. Was considering CPO G37 sedans before.

I know tire life isn't great, but with mostly hwy miles is it possible for me to get 30,000 miles out of a set of tires? The car won't be tracked. Also has Nissan made any changes at all to the CSC? I'm hoping if I buy a new 2016 or 2017 model I won't have to worry about that. Those are the biggest things I'm questioning at the moment.

Thanks for any feedback!
I have had it for a DD for the last 2 years.. You should get the sport model! As it's resale value will be great considering it comes with the S mode (Synchro Rev Match although I don't use it). It also comes with the BBK which makes a big difference as well. I went up to 25,000 miles with the potenzas that came with the sport package. The 19" inch rays are great too. Some cons about it though, are obviously, no space, expensive tires (19s i switched over to continental extreme contact rated to last 50k miles since DD and not tracked about $1300). Gas mileage, but other than that it is fun to drive.

As for the CSC issue... Mine kicked in at 30,000... It is bound to go out sooner or later, but I think with some good driving technique (not dropping the clutch, and taking your time to depress the clutch slowly) then you will make the most out of your CSC life. 1st and 2nd gear are rough due to short gear ratios but I never had a problem.

IMHO get a Black one <3
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote