View Single Post
Old 04-12-2016, 10:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Daniel123588
Base Member

Drives: 2012 370z sport
Daniel123588 is a name known to allDaniel123588 is a name known to allDaniel123588 is a name known to allDaniel123588 is a name known to allDaniel123588 is a name known to allDaniel123588 is a name known to all
Default Help. Exterior door lock/unlock button not working

Hello,
Hopefully i have contributed enough so far to get some decent assistance.

2012 370z.
Did a door speaker install and came to realize that the passenger lock/unlock button on the exterior of the car is not working. It does not function at all.
Everything else works fine. Door can lock/unlock based on remote and sitting inside. Door opens on the inside and outside, etc. Literally just the button outside doesnt work. The driver side works fine and the trunk lock/unlock button and release works fine.

I have done the following for good measure:

-Took off door panel again, there is def no unconnected harnesses (passenger side only really has one harness).

-Did the window reset (although i didnt have the window problem but just for good measure).

-Disconnected ground terminal, drained remaining charge by pressing brakes.

-Took off the door handle and unplugged the harness going to the button.

I did not actually open up the area where the physical button is as it has lock tite and i would need to change the Phillips head into a flat head with a dremel to take out the bolts as it stripped the Phillips. I didn't do this as even if i opened up, it would just be some sort of chip.

It is too big of a coincidence that it failed after the speaker install. Anybody having this problem?

Any electrical savvy enthusiast that can tell me what to check on this 2 wire harness?

Worst comes to worst i would just buy a new switch but i really dont think thats the problem and would like to trouble shoot first. Anywhere i can check on the BCM?

Lastly, not an amateur here advice is appreciated. Thank you!
Daniel123588 is offline   Reply With Quote