Thread: 370z DD?
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2016, 09:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Dirk McGurck
Track Member

Drives: 09 MB 370Z Touring
Dirk McGurck has a reputation beyond reputeDirk McGurck has a reputation beyond reputeDirk McGurck has a reputation beyond reputeDirk McGurck has a reputation beyond reputeDirk McGurck has a reputation beyond reputeDirk McGurck has a reputation beyond reputeDirk McGurck has a reputation beyond reputeDirk McGurck has a reputation beyond reputeDirk McGurck has a reputation beyond reputeDirk McGurck has a reputation beyond reputeDirk McGurck has a reputation beyond repute

I daily my car. New job is 51 miles away. So far, I've burned one set of tires, mostly due to an alignment issue. Other than that, several scrapes on the bottom, especially the front bumper, a dented hood, and several nicks and scratches from road debris. It comes down to what the road you are on is like.

I only regret the Z as a daily with the abuse it takes. And it would stay cleaner if it didn't have to be in rain and snow. But it gets decent gas milage, and I can have a little fun. But due to not wanting to put on 25k miles per year and the beating the paint is taking, I will be buying a hooptie by the end of the year.

Tires on the Z I've never gone more than 10k miles. Best bet for you if that's a concern is to get skinny wheels like the base wheels, which will allow you to get decent all seasons in a regular passenger car size. I've thought of that, also it would save me from bending one of my Vossens. Additionally, I have a set of base wheels that I have wrapped in Michelin snow tires for December through March.